Reservation Terms & Conditions
1. Due to the current global pandemic regarding Coronavirus, As You Like It has administered and adheres to a wide range of new health and safety measures, as advised by UK Government and Public Health England.
2. Please note, we may enforce rules and regulations issued by Newcastle City Council at a regional level, which differ from National policies.
3. By entering the Venue, you agree to comply with these measures and will, as the organiser, advise and ensure all members of your booking to adhere to these safety measures, also.
4. Management reserve the right to remove individual, multiple or all guests who fail to adhere to any of these new measures. This will result in loss of any deposit that may have been paid.
5. On arrival to reception, you must have your temperature taken. This will be done via a non-contact thermometer by a member of staff wearing PPE. You will not be permitted into the Venue should your temperature read 38oC or above. As a household/social bubble, your party will not be permitted into the Venue should one guest read 38oC+ as the remaining party have been in contact and may be asymptomatic.
6. On arrival, every guest must provide their name and telephone number for Government Track and Trace purposes. This can be done via the QR code displayed at reception, or by providing details to the receptionist. This does not apply to guests under 18 years of age.
7. The below measures are now in place and will be adhered to by all guests within As You Like It;
a) Rule of Six – Tables can seat a maximum of 6 guests each, only.
b) No shouting/Singing/Raised Voices – Music will be played at a conversational level in order to minimise raised voices.
c) No integrating with other guests – All guests must remain seated at their assigned table, unless travelling to the toilets, smoking area or exiting the Venue. There is to be no socialising with guests on any other table.
d) Bookings of 7+ guests will be spread across multiple tables and may not be seated close together, due to pre-existing bookings and table layouts.
e) Bookings of 7+ are not permitted to travel and visit the other table(s) under their booking to socialise. All guests must remain seated and rules 4.a) and 4.c) still apply.
8. The above Terms & Conditions relating to Coronavirus may change at short notice on Government advice, between the time of your confirmation and the date of your actual booking. Changes made by UK Government are beyond Venue/Management control.
The below Terms & Conditions set out by the Venue may differ in accordance with the above Coronavirus updates. Where Coronavirus rules and regulations have an impact, Management reserve the right to amend the below Terms and Conditions at any time without prior warning.
- Due to licensing laws we do not permit our guests to consume their own alcohol within any internal or external areas of our premises.
- We operate a strict “Challenge 25” policy, in accordance with the guidelines set by Northumbria Police. We recommend that anyone fortunate enough to look under 25 brings along their photographic driving license or passport. We do not intend to cause offence to those not asked for ID.
- We do not permit anyone under the age of 18 to be on the premises after 9pm. Exceptions can be made for private events in the Frangipani room. If your party includes anyone under the age of 18, it is your duty to inform us prior to the booking. Any guests under 18 years of age will be required to leave the premises from 9pm.
- Management do not take responsibility for any loss or damage to personal property. We actively encourage guests to use the Cloakroom facility provided.
Management are not responsible for any loss or damage to the property of the organiser/client, their guests or any external company that may have been used ie decorations/entertainment.
This includes any presents (including any monies), regardless of the location. All possessions will be available for collection from the Venue on the following day of the event, until 12pm.
- The use of candles/naked flames is strictly prohibited within the Venue, both internally and externally. Please speak to a member of our team for suggested alternatives. All alternatives must be pre-approved by Management.
- If you are delayed for your event/table booking, you are required to notify us at least 30 minutes prior to the referenced booking time. If you do not, Management reserve the right to offer the area/table to the general public.
- Should the organiser/client, or any guest of the booking, act in an improper/disorderly way or refuse to comply with reasonable requests from the venue, Management reserve the right to terminate the event. In the event of termination under this clause, no refund will be made to the organiser/client.
- We reserve the right to approve any externally arranged entertainment, services or activities booked by the Client and provided by a third party. It is the responsibility of the third party to provide all risk assessments and insurance for all activities conducted on site; all must be provided on request. All equipment using a power source must be PAT tested, otherwise said equipment may not be used.
- If you are unhappy with any aspect of your experience with us, please inform us at the time so we can resolve the situation for you.
1. Management can provisionally hold areas for up to 7 days from the moment of enquiry. Should this time period expire, we will attempt to contact you via the contact details provided to further discuss your enquiry.
2. Management reserves the right to release any provisional booking after the 7 day holding period has elapsed, without notification.
3. You have a 14 day cooling off period from the date you confirm a booking, during which you can cancel your booking and your deposit will be returned in full. After this period, all deposits and final payments are non-refundable and non–transferable.
4. Any outstanding balance must be paid before the booking date. Should you wish to pay a final balance on arrival to your booking, you must have this confirmed by Management in advance.
5. A deposit will be required for bookings/events or for drink/dining tables of 10 guests or more. If a deposit has been paid, this can be redeemed against the value of the goods purchased.
A deposit may be returnable after the event has been held and only if no damage to the Venue has been caused and if any minimum requirements have been met ie guest numbers and minimum spends. If these requirements have not been met, the Venue have the right to retain the deposit or a sum of the deposit.
6. A deposit can be returned in the case of a situation that is beyond any reasonable control of the Venue, including (but not limited to) the failure of supply of electricity, water or gas, leakage of water or gas, act of god, fire, severe weather conditions, industrial action, terrorism/explosions, action of any Government Agency, shortage of goods, strikes or lock outs.
7. In the case of any national/government state of emergency and the venue is forced to close without any notice and due to no fault of our own, any deposits, hire fees or food spends paid via yourself can be transferred to another date of your choosing (pending availability). This can be made within one year of the venue being permitted to reopen their doors.
1. Due to food preparation laws, all food consumed on our premises must have been prepared by us. At the discretion of Management, we may allow you to provide cakes or sweets.
2. It is vital that you inform the Venue of any allergens or intolerances that affect any member of your party, 72 hours before the time of your booking. For those attending your booking with severe or airborne allergies, we require them to contact the Venue directly to discuss their condition, to ensure we can adequately safeguard them and our Team.
3. Menus are subject to change, in the event that this does happen your party will be informed before the time of your booking.
4. Dining bookings of 10+ guests require a pre-order on weekends, peak time slots or key dates. We are happy to accept alterations to pre-orders up to 72 hours before your booking. Any alterations must be requested in writing via email.
5. Buffets can remain served for a maximum time of 2 hours, due to health and safety regulations.