Here at As You Like It we love a tipple (just take a look at our spirit fueled drinks menu!), so we thought we’d give you a heads up and show you our top five cocktails of 2018 so far! Not only that…. We’ll throw in the recipes so you can try your luck at being your very own at home bartender!
It’s our top chart of tipples- a five piece offering of cocktails that never fail to make waves in the world of booze. This lineup is bound to get you movin’ and a shakin’ so crack open the drinks cupboard and get sipping!
NO.1 SEX ON THE BEACH
It’s a fan favorite, and who can deny this holiday staple is a classic choice. Here’s how to make the sexiest sex on the beach….
- Archers® Peach Schnapps (9ml)
- Smirnoff® No. 21 Vodka (35ml)
- Orange Juice (35ml)
- Cranberry Juice (35ml)
- Fill a glass with ice
- Fill a tall glass with ice cubes
- Using a jigger pour the measures of Archers Peach Schnapps, Smirnoff No. 21 Vodka, cranberry juice and orange juice into the glass and enjoy!
- Using a jigger, measure
NO.2 STRAWBERRY MOJITO
When Cuba met Wimbledon, the Strawberry Mojito is a refreshing summertime take on the rum-lishious classic. The juicy fresh fruit and white rum combo is guaranteed to make for a berry nice tipple. Here’s how to whip one up yourself…
- Captain Morgan® White Rum (50ml)
- Soda Water (1 dash[es])
- Caster Sugar (2tsp)
- Strawberries (3 pieces)
- Lime (2 wedges)
- Mint (1 sprig)
- Muddle sugar, strawberries and lime wedges together in a glass.
- Press down on 2 wedges of lime, 3 strawberries and 2 teaspoons of caster sugar in a tankard or jar using a large spoon or pestle to extract flavour and aroma.
- Muddle mint.
- Pick 12 leaves from a sprig of mint and place in the glass. Press down gently on the mint, together with the sugar, strawberries and lime.
- Add ice to a glass.
- Add crushed ice so the tumbler or tankard is ¾ full.
- Add Captain Morgan White Rum® and soda.
- Pour in Captain Morgan® White Rum and a dash of soda water.
- Stir with a spoon.
- Stir the mixture thoroughly using a bar spoon until well combined.
- Add ice and a sprig of mint.
- Top up with more crushed ice and garnish with a sprig of mint.
NO.3 ESPRESSO MARTINI
The Espresso Martini is an indulging mix of vodka, coffee liquor and espresso that gets people giggling with excitement at its mere mention.
- Vodka (45ml)
- Coffee Liqueur (30ml)
- 1 Shot Espresso
- Garnish: Coffee Beans
- Add ice to mixing glass and add vodka, coffee liqueur and espresso. Shake vigorously.
- Empty ice from shaker and strain mix through fine mesh strainer.
- Garnish with coffee beans.
NO.4 APEROL SPRITZ
Let’s face it- it took the summer by storm. In the mood for a bit of Viva Italiano then give the spritz a blitz the expert way…
- Aperol (50ml)
- Chilled Prosecco (75ml)
- Soda/tonic water
- Slice of orange
- Balloon shaped wine glass
- Fill the glasses generously with ice cubes
- First pour three parts of Prosecco (75ml) over the ice
- Then, pour three parts Aperol (50ml) into your glass in a circular movement
- Finish with a dash of soda (25ml)
- Garnish with a slice of orange
What’s Frose I hear you ask? – Think Slush Puppy with an alcoholic twist, it is quite literally wine slush, no further explanation necessary! Don’t panic it’s easier to whip up than you think….
- 1 (750ml) bottle of dry rosé
- 10 ounces fresh strawberries (about 2 cups, sliced), plus more for garnish (optional)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ¼ cup vodka
- 2 tablespoons grenadine
- Pour the rosé into ice cube trays and freeze until solid, 8 hours or overnight.
- Combine the strawberries and the sugar in the bowl of a blender and let sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes, until the berries begin to release their juices.
- Add the vodka, grenadine, and rosé cubes. Blend the mixture on high until smooth. Pour into glasses and garnish with strawberries, if desired.
Give one a go and join in on the cocktail revolution, we know you want too! Just remember- DRINK RESPONSIBLY!
Feeling like you might need a bit more help? Why not book one of our brand new cocktail masterclasses today at *enter link when cocktail masterclass page is up* or call us on 0191 281 2277.